When you are at this page, maybe you are experiencing graphics issues with Roblox. If you are having issue of your Roblox Graphics Card, so you are not alone, because there are many other Roblox players who ever got this issue.
Apparently, there are common issues which indicate a graphics problem. Here they are:
- A “graphics card is too old” error appears once you are trying to launch the games.
- Roblox crashes during the game play and reports the graphics error.
- You receive message: “Graphics failed to initialize”.
- All games look unusual while playing, such as image warping, unintelligible text or strange looking textures.
Now, you may are having problem where Roblox report a “Graphic card is too old”. As you can see the text above, it is one of common issues which indicate a graphics problem. By the way, why it happens? It may can occur because some reasons.
- Your computer or PC does not have the latest version of DirectX. You have to remember that Roblox requires v9 or later.
- The Graphics card does not have the latest drivers.
- The Graphics card is not supported by Roblox.
- You have already changed Roblox graphics settings
So, what can you do to get rid of it? For this case, you are able to try to do some methods like these:
RESET ROBLOX GRAPHICS
This is only appropriate if you are able to start Roblox without crashing.
- Firstly, you need to open Roblox Studio.
- After that, you have to open the File menu.
- Then, you have to click on Settings.
- Afterwards, you are able to click OK to proceed.
- Next, you just need to click the Reset All Settings button that located at the lower-left of the pop-up window.
TEST YOUR DIRECTX PACKAGE
If you have Windows 7 or newer, you may have DirectX 9 or a later version. Try to do these steps below:
- Go to Start and then Run. Or you can hold down your keyboard’s Windows key and hit S (Windows 8/8.1/10)
- After that, you have to type dxdiag and hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Please review your “DirectX Version” that located at the bottom of System Information, to ensure it is DirectX 9 or later
You need also to open the “Display” (or “Display 1”) tab. Apparently, there are three lines in DirectX Features box. Those three lines are DirectDraw Acceleration, AGP Texture Acceleration and Direct3D Acceleration. You need to confirm that all three are enabled. If they are not, then you are going to want to be sure that hardware acceleration is fully enabled. For assistance with this, you are able to visit the help section of your graphics card manufacturer’s website.
UPGRADE YOUR GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER
For finding out what graphics card Roblox is currently using, you are able to try the following:
- Open Roblox Studio.
- Open the Studio Settings.
- Click on Diagnostics.
- Scroll down to find the line labeled GfxCard to find out what graphics card is now in use by Roblox.
Do not forget to visit the support page provided by the manufacturer of your graphics card, and download the latest driver for your particular model.